List of OTT releases this week: streaming platform and release date
|The Aam Aadmi Family Season 4
|Amazon Prime Video
|A Nearly Normal Family
|Amazon Prime Video
|I Don’t Expect Anyone to Believe Me
|Last Call for Istanbul
|Squid Game: The Challenge
The Aam Aadmi Family Season 4
The fun family comedy drama series The Aam Aadmi Family is back with its fourth season for more laughs and entertainment. The series continues to explore the ups and downs of the middle-class Sharma family through its lovable and relatable characters portrayed by an ensemble cast. While the family copes with the loss of their beloved mother/grandmother, each one of them also deals with an issue of his/her own. Bobby is planning to set up a new business, Sonu is trying to deal with issues of a long-distance marriage, Satendra is dealing with anxiety issues and Madhu is trying to fulfil her dream of graduating. Will they succeed?
- The Aam Aadmi Family Season 4 IMDb rating – NA
- Where to watch The Aam Aadmi Family Season 4 – ZEE5
- The Aam Aadmi Family Season 4 cast – Brijendra Kala, Lubna Salim, Chandan Anand, Saadhika Syal, Sudheer Chobessey, Kamlesh Gill, Pranay Manchanda
- The Aam Aadmi Family Season 4 release date – November 24th
One of the much-awaited OTT releases this week is the popular Malayalam-language political action crime thriller film Chaaver. Helmed by Tinu Pappachan, this movie explores the dark side of politics where one has no friends and no foes. The story centres around a group of political goons – Ashokan (played by Kunchacko Boban), Musthafa (portrayed by Manoj K. U.), Asif (essayed by Sajin Gopu) and Thomas (played by Anuroop) – on the run after committing an abhorrent crime. Unfortunately, an innocent bystander – Arun (played by Arjun Ashokan) – gets involved and becomes a part of the thrilling chase between the political thugs and the police.
- Chaaver IMDb rating – 8.6
- Where to watch Chaaver – Sony LIV
- Chaaver cast – Kunchacko Boban, Arjun Ashokan, Antony Varghese, Manoj K. U., Anuroop, Sajin Gopu, Joy Mathew, Deepak Parambol, Arun Narayan, Sangeetha
- Chaaver release date – November 24th
Popular Tamil actor Arya marks his OTT debut with the horror thriller series The Village, which has been directed by Milind Rau. The series is inspired by the eponymous novel written by Asvin Srivatsangam, Vivek Rangachari, and Shamik Dasgupta. The story shows how Arya’s character Dr. Gautham Subramanian and his family experience the worst day of their life in a deserted village. They never thought that they would come across eerie creatures and mutants during their road trip from Nagapattinam to Chennai. What they expected was a fun and memorable trip, but what they experienced was hell!
- The Village IMDb rating – NA
- Where to watch The Village – Amazon Prime Video
- The Village cast – Arya, Divya Pillai, Aazhiya, Aadukalm Naren, Muthukumar. K, George Maryan, Thalaivasal Vijay, Jayaprakash. V, Kalairani, John Kokken, Aathma Patrick, Arjun Chidambaram, PN Sunny, Aadhira Pandilakshmi, Kabali Vishvanth and many others
- The Village release date – November 24th
Squid Game: The Challenge
Squid Game: The Challenge is a reality game show where contestants will play to win a whopping cash prize of USD 4.56 million (approximately Rs. 38 crore) – the highest ever in any reality television and game show. There will be 456 players competing at the beginning of this show, which is inspired by the popular Korean drama series Squid Game. The game show format is similar to the series sans killing, and the contestants will have to play a series of games that tess their limits. Watch the show to see who will survive the daunting challenges to win the life-changing cash prize.
- Squid Game: The Challenge IMDb rating – NA
- Where to watch Squid Game: The Challenge – Netflix
- Squid Game: The Challenge cast – NA
- Squid Game: The Challenge release date – November 22nd
A Nearly Normal Family
A Nearly Normal Family is a crime drama thriller mini-series based on Mattias Edvardsson’s bestselling psychological thriller novel of the same name. The story centres around a seemingly normal Sandell family living in a Swedish city – Adam (played by Björn Bengtsson), Ulrika (portrayed by Lo Kauppi), and Stella (essayed by Alexandra Karlsson Tyrefors). Adam is a pastor, Ulrika is a criminal defence lawyer, and their teenage daughter Stella, who is accused of murdering a rich businessman named Chris (played by Christian Fandango Sundgren). Although shocked and disheartened, each one is willing to take desperate measures to protect the other.
- A Nearly Normal Family IMDb rating – NA
- Where to watch A Nearly Normal Family – Netflix
- A Nearly Normal Family cast – Alex Karlsson Tyrefors, Lo Kauppi, Björn Bengtsson, Melisa Ferhatovic, Christian Fandango Sundgren, Håkan Bengtsson, Emilia Roosmann, Sara Chaanhing Kennedy, Pablo Leiva Wenger, Cedomir Glisovic, Christoffer Willén
- A Nearly Normal Family release date – November 24th
My Demon is a fantasy rom-com South Korean series starring Kim Yoo Jung and Song Kang in lead roles as Do Do Hee and Jeong Gu Won respectively. Sparks fly when the chaebol heiress Do Do Hee meets Jung Gu Won – a demon who has lost his powers. Do Hee plays a critical role in Gu Won’s life as she holds the key to regaining his lost powers. A series of events compels Gu Won to become the bodyguard of the demonic Do Hee. But, will the icy, devilish heiress help the the pitiless demon regain his lost powers? Watch the interesting K-drama series to find out!
- My Demon IMDb rating – NA
- Where to watch My Demon – Netflix
- My Demon cast – Song Kang, Kim You Jung, Lee Sang Yi, Kim Hae Sook, Jo Hye Joo, Kim Tae Hun, Cho Yeon Hee, Lee Yoon Ji, Kang Seung Ho, Seo Jeong Yeon, Hur Jung Do
- My Demon release date – November 24th
Elf Me is an Italian language feel-good family adventure comedy movie directed by Younuts. It stars Pasquale Petrolo, Anna Foglietta, Federico Ielapi and Claudio Santamaria in lead roles. Pasquale Petrolo portrays the character of an unconventional elf named Trip, who doesn’t make toys but bizarre weapons for kids as Christmas presents. His life turns unexpectedly when he meets the shy village kid named Elia (played by Federico Ielapi). Initially, they don’t see eye to eye, but later team up to fight against a ruthless businessman who wants to destroy Christmas. Will the duo be able to save Christmas?
- Elf Me IMDb rating – NA
- Where to watch Elf Me – Amazon Prime Video
- Elf Me cast – Pasquale Petrolo, Federico Ielapi, Anna Foglietta, Claudio Santamaria, Giorgio Pasotti, Caterina Guzzanti, Francesco Liso, Giulietta Rebeggiani, Linda Zampaglione, Fabio Rovazzi, Vincenzo Sebastiani, Orlando Mazza, Cosimo Mazza, Natalie
- Elf Me release date – November 24th
I Don’t Expect Anyone to Believe Me
From the director Fernando Frias of ‘I’m No Longer Here’ comes the Mexican comedy thriller movie I Don’t Expect Anyone to Believe Me. The story centres around a Mexican literature student Juan Pablo Villalobos (portrayed by Darío Yazbek Bernal), who travelsto Barcelona with his girlfriend Valentina (played by Natalia Solián) to work on his dissertation. Unfortunately, he falls into the web of crime because of his cousin and is now being terrorised by a crime lord El licenciado (played by Alexis Ayala). All this takes a toll on his life and changes everything, including his dissertation topic!
- I Don’t Expect Anyone to Believe Me IMDb rating – NA
- Where to watch I Don’t Expect Anyone to Believe Me – Netflix
- I Don’t Expect Anyone to Believe Me cast – Darío Yazbek, Natalia Solián, Anna Castillo, Alexis Ayala, Carmen Beato, Ivano Palatucci, Juan Minujín, Bruna Cusí, Mima Riera
- I Don’t Expect Anyone to Believe Me release date – November 24th
Last Call for Istanbul
After their stellar performance in Forbidden Love, Beren Saat and Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ reunite for an interesting romantic drama movie Last Call for Istanbul. The movie is directed by Gonenc Uyanik and written by Nuran Evren Sit. Kıvanç portrays the character of Mehmet who meets Serin (played by Beren) at the airport while travelling from Istanbul to New York City. Their chance meeting gets interesting when they decide to stay together in NYC with no strings attached. However, they both have their secrets – leading to an intriguing story of love, betrayal, and mystery.
- Last Call for Istanbul IMDb rating – NA
- Where to watch Last Call for Istanbul – Netflix
- Last Call for Istanbul cast – Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ, Beren Saat, Annie McCain Engman, Zihan Zhao, Joy Donze, Johnny Gaffney, Sindia Duverge, Michael Loayza, Rebecca Packer, Daniel Kwiatkowski
- Last Call for Istanbul release date – November 24th
Watch the coming-of-age animated musical comedy film Leo with your family this weekend. This movie revolves around the story of a 74-year-old lizard Leo (Adam Sandler) who has been living in a terrarium of an elementary school in Florida for decades. Upon learning that he has only a year left to live, he decides to escape from the terrarium and explore the world beyond it. He does manage to escape but not too far from the students as he unexpectedly becomes a part of their lives even beyond the classroom walls. Enjoy his whimsical and touching escapades in this heartwarming fun movie.
- Leo IMDb rating – 7.1
- Where to watch Leo – Netflix
- Leo cast (voice) – Adam Sandler, Bill Burr, Cecily Strong, Jason Alexander, Rob Schneider, Allison Strong, Jo Koy, Sadie Sandler, Sunny Sandler, Coulter Ibanez, Bryant Tardy, Corey J, Ethan Smigel, Tienya Safko, Gloria Manning, Carson Minniear, Roey Smigel, Reese Lores, Benjamin Bottani, Aldan Liam Philipson
- Leo release date – November 21st
Other OTT releases this week in India
In addition, a few more series and movies were released this week. Here’s a quick look at them:
|Dinsey Plus Hotstar
|High on the Hog: How African American Cuisine Transformed America
|Hannah Waddingham: Home for Christmas